Caring for your new tattoo is incredibly important, it ensures the longevity of the piece and that the quality stays just like it was on the day that you got it. In order to do this we recommend the following:
- Leave the bandage on for a minimum of 4 hours, and no longer than 24 hours. We recommend 8-12 hours. Do not re-bandage.
- Wash hands before and after touching your healing tattoo.
- When removing the bandage, gently wash the tattoo, using fingers, with a mild antibacterial soap and hot water. Rinse well and pat dry with a clean towel. Wash tattoo at least twice a day until fully healed, never scrubbing.
- During the first 3-4 days, apply a thin layer of either Aquaphor or Vitamin A&D lotion to the tattoo 3-4 times per day. Do not oversaturate, as it can impede the healing process.
- After the first 3-4 days, discontinue the use of Aquaphor or A&D, and apply a thin layer of any fragrance free, dye free lotion 4 times per day. Again, never over saturate the tattoo. Continue the use of lotion until the entire area is healed and scab free.
- Avoid sun exposure for the first 4 weeks. Afterwards we strongly recommend you use sun block whenever spending prolonged periods of time under the sun.
- Do not soak or submerge your tattoo in water until fully healed. Showering is okay.
- Do not pick, or scratch your tattoo.
- Please use common sense, do not listen to any aftercare instructions from anyone besides your tattooer. Please feel free to call us with any questions or concerns.
Although risk of infection is extremely unlikely, if you feel any pain or discomfort beyond the norm consult a health care professional immediately.